SS821 Transparent Silicone Structural Sealant
SS821 Transparent Silicone Structural Sealant is a one-component, neutral curing translucent silicone sealant designed and tested for structurally glazed curtain wall applications. The material is supplied as a paste, which cures into an extremely tough elastomeric silicone rubber ensuring a durable, flexible, watertight bond upon exposure to atmospheric moisture.
- SS821 belongs to RTV-1. Good extrusion and thixotropy between 4℃~+40℃. Easy to use;
- Neutral cure, high tensile strength, fast curing, Translucent.
- Excellent resistance to weather;
- Remains flexible over a temperature range of -58°F(-50°C) to 302°F(150°C)
- Successfully tested for use in protective glazing applications
- Excellent adhesion to glass and ceramics.
- Good compatibility with other neutral silicone sealants
- Meets global standards for structural glazing.
- Sealing in glass joints.
- Structural glazing in glass curtain wall.
- Structural glazing in big glass and glass roof structural engineering.
||Black, gray, white
|Tack free time(23°C/73°F, 50% RH)
|Flow, Sag or Slump
||0.1 inches max
|Durometer Hardness, Shore A
|Ultimate Tensile Strength
|Specifications: Typical property data values should not be used as specifications. Assistance with specifications are available by contactingFoshan Gaojian Chemical Industry CO., LTD.
SS821 Transparent Silicone Structural Sealant meets or exceeds the requirements of the following specifications for one-part sealants.
- C1184, Type S, Use G and O
SS821 Clear Silicone Structural Sealant is available in clear color.
SS821 Clear Silicone Structural Sealant is available in 10.1 fl. oz. (300 ml) plastic caulking cartridges.
SS821 Transparent Silicone Structural Sealant should not be used, applied or is not recommended:
- In structural glazing applications unless Foshan Gaojian Chemical Industry CO., LTD. has reviewed shop drawings for applicability and has performed adhesion and compatibility tests on project substrates, spacer materials and all accompanying accessories. Review and testing is done on a project-by-project basis. No blanket approval is given by Foshan Gaojian Chemical Industry CO., LTD. for structural glazing applications. Structural glazing industry guidelines (ASTM C1401) suggest that drawings and details are to be reviewed by all parties involved in the manufacture of an SSG system and for each building project.
- To building materials that bleed oils, plasticizers or solvents – materials such as impregnated wood, oil-based caulks, green or partially vulcanized rubber gaskets or tapes
- In totally confined spaces as the sealant requires atmospheric moisture for cure
- When surface temperatures below 10oC (50oF) or exceed 40oC (104oF)
- Where painting of the sealant is required, as the paint film may crack and peel
- In below-grade applications
- For use as an interior penetration fire stop sealing system
- In horizontal floor joints where abrasion and physical abuse are likely to be encountered
- To frost-laden or damp surfaces
- On PMMA, PC, PP, PE, PTFE substrates.
- For structural adhesion on bare metals or surfaces subject to corrosion (i.e., mill aluminum, bare steel, etc.)
- For contact with strong acids or bases
- To surfaces in contact with food
- For continuous immersion in water
- This product is neither tested nor represented as suitable for medical or pharmaceutical uses.